Saturday, August 16, 2008

I love a Saturday but spend it dreading Sunday!

Most likely, I am one of the worst LDS members ever. I love a Saturday as my husband works two jobs and we get to spend all of Saturday together as a family most weekends. The problem is that I also spend most of Saturday resenting the fact that Sunday is coming. I hate going to church. I don't mind it once I am there for the most part but I really hate getting six people dressed up, out the door on time. And then there is the matter of the first hour where my husband and I go the rounds with a two year old who wouldn't know how to sit still for anything. Then, we finally get to sit together for a while in Sunday School but get separated again.

I know my attitude isn't good and for the most part I get there and do the right thing. My mother gets mad that I am honest with my children about my attitude but I don't want them to think that all LDS women are Mary Sunshine about their responsibilities but I do want them to know that even if it isn't your favorite thing to do, you do it anyway, because it's what's right.

So, for anyone reading this that is LDS you can go ahead and judge me all you want. You can think I am the worst possible example for my children but I would dare you to find a happier family! I am sorry if this post sounds like one long complaint but it's just the way I feel~ on most Saturdays. This would be one of those.

No comments: