Saturday, September 13, 2008

Almost time for General Conference.

Every time conference comes around I am excited. Anyone that knows me, knows that sometimes I go to church and get really active and other times I am hanging on by a thread. It seems that no matter which cycle I am in I get excited that it is conference time.

I will say that about two years ago I found General Conference totally overwhelming. We were really active. I was the Young Women's president for my second year and it seemed that we were falling into routine with all the responsibilities that came with that calling. As I look back, I think I was on the point of burnout and just didn't see it at the time. What I do know is that General Conference about pushed me over an edge emotionally. It was so odd. I know it had everything to do with my attitude but still today I am perplexed at what happened.

Since then I have been relieved that the same feeling has not returned. I hope that this time I can do what it takes to feel like my cup has been filled and to keep things in perspective.

1 comment:

Tracy K said...

I get really excited for conference too. I love the feeling of the entire church coming together.

I think I have gone through what you describe. I wish I could find a balance, but it seems like I'm always swinging back and forth between two extremes.