Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why won't she leave me alone?

This will sound so whiny. Just a warning!

We have lived in our current ward for six months now. We were active for part and inactive for an equal part. The Relief Society President is just driving me crazy. She calls quite often and I know that she means well. She keeps asking if she can visit. She keeps offering help and food for our move despite the fact that I begged her to use the help available for someone who truly needs it. After ignoring her calls for the most part, why does she not get it?

I know that she is a sweet lady and just doing what she thinks is right but I am about to get really blunt about the fact that I want to be left alone and I am not sure how you can say something like that without someone feeling hurt. It really isn't personal, I'm just not interested right now in visits, meals from strangers and men throwing my fragile items into a truck with lightning speed but little care. Not to say that the people aren't wonderful. Boy I'm just digging a hole!

I need a fresh start in a new ward and I know that it sounds like a cop out but I just want to go and have everyone not know that we ever didn't go for two or three months in a row. I don't want to be fussed over. I cannot wait to get out and make a new start for myself. How selfish is that.

2 comments:

Tracy K said...

Oh boy. I've been there. I hope all goes well and she gets the hint. :) Not that I'm one to say what the church should and shouldn't do, and maybe this wouldn't even help, but sometimes I think it would be nice if there was some sort of instruction on "different types of members" (couldn't think of a better way to say that). Some people need a lot of contact, do well with/need a lot of prodding, others are better left alone for the most part (know the resources available and will ask when they need/want help), etc. Some people still wouldn't get it, though, I suppose. :(

wuzone said...

they wont leave me alone...i am about to be mean and blunt! they are very nice ppl but ignorant to body language...they don't pick up hints