Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another week of no church.

Seriously, I am stressed about this. I know that those of you who are on a spiritual high or any higher ground than I will think that I should just buck up and do what is right. It's like the heart is somewhat willing (not) and the flesh is really weak. Pathetic.

I don't remember how many weeks of church we have missed and I am so disappointed in myself. I know what is right and wrong and I know what an astoundingly good mother would do in my shoes. Somehow I can't make myself go. What really worries me is that the more weeks we miss, the easier it is to miss the next one.

The week after General Conference I am making it my goal to get to our new ward and make a fresh start. I know better than to think that something will change on a weekend when we have the stress of moving. So, I am trying to set a realistic goal. I also know that I need the encouragement of General Conference to get going. Don't you just get that feeling that all the speakers somehow are speaking right at you and you situation at the moment. I get that during nearly every talk. Here's hoping it takes this time around. We need a change.

No comments: