Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just a warning that came to mind

A while ago my husband had a business associate that was quite wealthy and had a nice wife and great children. They also homeschooled. The wife was a bit overboard in her need to have a structured school day for her children. It got to where the homeschooling bit became all she was. Take this with a grain of salt because you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

What happened over time was that the husband felt very neglected and had an affair. They ended up divorced. I have no idea if she still has the ability to homeschool her children or what has become of her.

What I do know is that he made a bad decision and is 100% accountable. What I also know is that maybe she could have found some balance. I feel for her because I know how hard it is to juggle all the responsibilities that we have as mothers and educators. After a full day of teaching and nurturing it is hard to drum up more for a man who comes home at the hardest time of day (dinner time).

I don't know how to prevent cheating spouses, I just know that as an LDS mother I hope that we have tools and inspiration that will help us keep our marriages together. The greatest gift we can all give our children is not homeschooling but a stable home life.

No comments: