Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Family Home Evening Ideas

These are general but they work for us so I thought I would share.

Gospel Art Kit - I love this kit. The cost is nominal and the payoffs are huge! In a pinch I grab one picture and we look up the scriptures and read the story on the back of the picture. I also try to come up with a relevant Primary song.

Faith in God - My boys are both working on this award and one is due to receive it at the end of the year. You can do so much of this during family home evening. Some of the requirements even have the boy do the actual lesson.

Scouting - There are a lot of scouting requirements (especially for Cubs) that can be done during your family home evenings. Even the connection subjects are just great topics to get started with.

Game night - I'm sure everyone has heard this one but can we ever sit together as a family and have fun too much?

Food from around the world - It's fun to take a night once a month where you learn about another countries customs and top it off with a dessert or other food item from that region. It's great to let the kids help in the kitchen, this helps them want to try something because they have ownership in it.

These are very limited but thought they were worth jotting down. Hope they help someone!

No comments: