Friday, October 3, 2008

Missing President Hinckley

As Conference draws near I still cannot believe that President Hinckley is not with us. It seems so odd to not hear his voice at Conference. While I completely, without a doubt, know that President Monson is our true prophet it still does not help with the feeling of loss. I'm sure that all church members and even some non-members feel the same. President Hinckley was truly one of a kind.

My hope is that I can grow to love President Monson and help my children to do so as well. They have really had a hard time with the death of President Hinckley but I guess that would be hard if you only knew one prophet during your whole life. I just want them to know that President Monson is just as wonderful, just different. Hopefully they will see that change is okay and part of the beauty of our gospel.

No comments: