Sunday, October 12, 2008

So church didn't happen.

I woke up at 2 am with a migraine of course. Somehow my poor body knows when it is Sunday and decides without fail that we are having a migraine! It is a bloody curse. No matter how many blessings I have, no matter the lifestyle changes I make, no matter how hard I pray, there are Sunday migraines. Why?

I frequently read a friends blog that is called "Sufficient Grace for Suffering Saints". The author is not LDS but she is really spiritual. I'm sure that Marsha could find some purpose in my suffering with migraines. I cannot. She has me beat.

A member of the Elder's Quorum (possibly a member of the new Bishopric) came by to see how we were doing. I guess that he had noticed that our records had not arrived in our new ward. Weird. The old ward said that they would handle it when they took our new information but no big deal. I don't think that they can give you a calling until they have your records and I could use one more week to get on top of things here before worrying about something new. (Please don't think that I hate serving!)

Anyway, my 10 year old was bummed that we missed out on church and I had to apologize once again for not being able to go. Perhaps I should start sending them even if I can't make it. My son loves all things social and I want it for him.

So, hopefully I can do something this week that will help prepare and help me for next Sunday. If I am really prepared for Sunday perhaps there won't be the underlying stress and therefore, no migraine.

I have complained enough now for several months. Sorry!

No comments: