Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Morning devotionals.

Last year (I think I blogged about this before) we did a morning routine where we had some scriptures study, discussion and prayer before we started on our other curriculum. I would like to implement something like that starting next week. One thought that I had is that I have four children which means that they are in four different Primary classes. Perhaps I could use the lesson that they had on Sunday at church as a starting point. This way it allows us to be more involved in their Primary learning as well as reinforcing what they learned. I have most of the Primary manuals as I find them priceless for Family Home Evening lessons. With five days in a school week I thought that we could cover each lesson that was taught on Sunday and then do something different on Fridays. As soon as I get more organized I can post more on what we do.

1 comment:

Brandi Schall said...

I'm going to chime in and toot the Primary horn as the 2nd counselor in my ward's Primary. One common denominator for all the Primary kids is the Monthly Theme. The Friend always talks about the theme, you can find the actual wording and monthly scripture online at lds.org in the Outline for Sharing Time. They are really great gospel principles, way worthy of being reinforced at home :)

PS Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog about putting Liv in preschool.